2 cups House Brand Basmati rice( soaked in water for 20 minutes)
House Brand Whole Spices
1 no House Brand cinnamon stick
1 tsp House Brand Sajeera seeds (Caraway seeds )
1 no House Brand Indian Bayleaf
3 nos House Brand Cloves
2-3 nos House Brand Green Cardamoms
2 nos House Brand Black Cardamoms
Paste and House Brand Curry Powders
1 tsp House Brand Garam Masala Powder
1 tsp House Brand Chilli Powder
70gm ginger and garlic paste
2 pinches of saffron
3 tbsp oil or ghee
Water (After rice is soaked take the same amount water as the rice)
salt to taste
2 nos large onion sliced thinly fried
10-12 nos House Brand cashews
10-12 nos House Brand almonds
10-12 nos pistachio
6 tbsp oil
1 bunch coriander leaves chopped
1 bunch mint leaves chopped
1. Heat 3 tbsp oil or ghee in a deep pan on a low or medium flame. Add all the whole spices. Fry till fragrance rises.
2. Lower the flame and add the ginger and garlic paste , Chilli Powderand and Garam Masala Powder & stir.
3. Add the soaked and drained basmati rice and mix well.
4. Add crushed saffron and sauté for a minute.
5. Pour water and salt. Stir and cover the pan tightly. When the rice is cooking, prepare the garnish.
6. Heat 6 tbsp oil in a frying pan. Add the sliced onions.
7. Add a pinch of salt and fry the onions till they are golden or caramelized and crisp. Remove and drain on paper tissues.
8. In the same oil, first fry the almonds till they become crisp. Now fry the cashew and pistachio till they are crisp and lightly brown.
9. Cook the rice till all the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked. When done, fluff the rice.
10. Serve Kashmiri Pulao hot, garnish with the fried onions and dry fruits. For garnishing use coriander & mint leaves. Serves 4 people.
House Brand Curry Powders are processed using cryogenic technology. The spices are cooled before grinding. This process helps to lock-in the aroma and essential oils in the Masalas ensuring quality products.